Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> This argument comes up every couple of years and the people that
>> are trying to solve the problem by changing the versioning are
>> ignoring the fact that there is no problem to solve.

We just had this discussion on -advocacy (where it belongs, frankly) a
couple months ago:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/512E8EF8.3000507@agliodbs.com

To sum up: the negatives of changing our version numbering scheme
outweighed the positives.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.