Re: BUG #8174: Ownership reassigned public schema restored with postgres as owner

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BUG #8174: Ownership reassigned public schema restored with postgres as owner
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 5/21/13 6:25 PM, polobo@yahoo.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      8174
> Logged by:          David Johnston
> Email address:      polobo@yahoo.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.13
> Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 10.04
>
> Having performed a "pg_dump --schema_only --format=c" of a database I used
> "pg_restore -C" (after dumping and loading globals) to recreate the database
> on a new machine and the owner of the "public" schema on the new machine was
> "postgres" while the owner within the existing database is not.

I can confirm that that is broken.

If you use 9.1 or later, your non-postgres user will at least get all
its privileges on the schema public back.  In 9.0, it won't even get
that.  But dumping and restoring the owner still does not happen.