Re: Reporting query failing

От: Tomas Vondra
Тема: Re: Reporting query failing
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Hi!

On 25.5.2013 15:46, aup20 wrote:
> I am using postgresql  9.2, and we are getting error like -
> System.Data.EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open.
> ---> Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlException: Stream already closed!!!.
> I have turned the autovacuum on but my reporting query is failing.
> When the manual full autovacuum is performed along with analyse the
> reporting query works. Please let me know how to deal with this
> situation.

We need substantially more info to be able to help you.

1) What does the PostgreSQL log say?

2) What query are you running? Post the SQL query, please.

3) Was this happening since the beginning, or did that start recently?

4) Are you able to reproduce the issues when running the query using
   psql (or other client, i.e. not through dotconnect)?

5) I don't understand how is this related to autovacuum (or vacuum in
   general). Why have you disabled the autovacuum in the first place?

6) I assume all this is on Windows (as you're using dotconnect). Is
   that correct? Please describe the environment a bit (versions etc.)
   It the application running on the same system as the database?

kind regards
Tomas