Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication
Дата
Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On 05/22/2013 01:57 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> You bet, and I haven't recommended anyone buy a 710 since the announcement.
>> However, "hit the street" is still an issue.  No one has been able to keep
>> DC S3700 drives in stock very well yet.  It took me three tries through
>> Newegg before my S3700 drive actually shipped.
>
> Well, let's look a the facts:
> *) >2x write endurance vs 710 (500x 320)
> *) 2-10x performance depending on workload specifics
> *) much better worst case/average latency
> *) half the cost of the 710!?

I am curious how the 710 or S3700 stacks up against the new M500 from
Crucial? I know Intel is kind of the goto for these things but the m500
is power off protected and rated at: Endurance: 72TB total bytes written
(TBW), equal to 40GB per day for 5 years .

Granted it isn't he fasted pig in the poke but it sure seems like a very
reasonable drive for the price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-148-695&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Сообщение: Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication
Сообщение: Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication