Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 05/22/2013 11:06 AM, Greg Smith wrote:

> I have some moderately fast SSD based transactional systems that are
> still using traditional drives with battery-backed cache for the
> sequential writes of the WAL volume, where the data volume is on Intel
> 710 disks.  WAL writes really burn through flash cells, too, so keeping
> them on traditional drives can be cost effective in a few ways.  That
> approach is lucky to hit 10K TPS though, so it can't compete against
> what a PCI-E card like the FusionIO drives are capable of.

Greg, can you elaborate on the SSD + Xlog issue? What type of burn
through are we talking about?

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Сообщение: Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication
Сообщение: Re: Reliability with RAID 10 SSD and Streaming Replication