Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/21/2013 8:33 PM, Dev Kumkar wrote:

> I can do 'yum update' and its started to update 1st package. Although
> I exit, just want to confirm there is no unixODBC-libs package so it
> will not update it. Is that correct?

I have no idea what you're saying here.   what 1st package?  you should
apply all pending updates to your operating system as a matter of good
practice.    if this is a production system, you should of course, test
the updates on a staging server before updating production.

again,  simply...

     yum install unixODBC-libs

that should install the ODBC runtime libraries that the postgres driver
requires.  if it doesn't then you don't have access to the RHEL
repositories, which suggests you're either not a subscriber, or you
haven't properly registered this system via your Red Hat Network
account.   If this system doesn't have a paid Red Hat Enterprise Linux
support contract, then you really shouldn't BE running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux as you can't install anything, can't get security
updates, or anything.  CentOS 5 or 6 are compatible rebuilds with free
public repositories.