Re: Best practice on inherited tables

От Frank Lanitz
Тема Re: Best practice on inherited tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 17.05.2013 21:21, schrieb Alfonso Afonso:
> Hi Frank
>
> Although you are thinking in OOP, the SQL is itself one definition
> model that you should not ignore and, IMHO, try to follow the
> normalization statements.
>
> You can build a robust and normalized schema (table primarylocation ,
> table secondlocation that have a idprimarylocation, etc.) and later
> you could build your OOP software translating this to the proper
> classes (in Java you could use a DAO-POJO class or hibernate-jpa, for
> example).
>
> With this solution you can obtain all the benefits of DBRMS besides a
> OOP robust software :)

I was really thinking about this way as it's tradition relational model
and of course kind of a rock stable solution. But I have the fear that
it will end up in a real mess of joins at database layer in the end so I
thought to make usage of such a feature if available ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Best practice on inherited tables
Сообщение: Re: Best practice on inherited tables