Re: Proposal to add connection request Wait-time in PSQL client.

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Proposal to add connection request Wait-time in PSQL client.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/19/2013 11:41 AM, amul sul wrote:
>  in a way, we client terminal wont hangup by throwing  *The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset:
Failed.!*

The thing is that this just should not be a routine occurrence. It's a
minor irritation to me when debugging sometimes, but it's not something
that you should be encountering in production. If you are, changing
psql's reconnect behaviour is not necessarily the best solution. I'd try
to work out why you're having so many unrecoverable disconnects and
restarts and fix that instead.

Making psql smarter about reconnecting to solve server crashes feels a
bit like carrying a bunch of spare fuel cans in the back of a car for
when you run out of fuel. It's not necessarily a terrible idea, but you
should really never need it either.