Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPARE sid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPARE sid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> I encounter from time to time that one of our ESQL/C clients hangs with
> the details described below for ever, while accessing on startup a table
> 'sisisinst' which has only some 50 rows, all of CHAR columns. Other ESQL/C clients
> start up fine (they all check this table 'sisisinst' on startup to
> verify the correct version of our application) Also SQL works
> fine.

> What can I do to get to the source of the problem? Thanks

Can you get a stack trace from the connected backend?  Or even just look
at what it's doing according to pg_stat_activity?  (If it's a reasonably
modern server, the wait-condition fields would be interesting.)