Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> On BSD, section 8 seems to contain admin programs (the stuff HPUX
>> keeps in 1m).  I don't see any sections on either my HPUX box or
>> a nearby BSD box that contain pages for individual keywords of
>> a programming language...

> Oliver uses section 7 (miscellaneous...) for SQL commands, which seems
> to be the right choice given the guidelines for Debian, RedHat, FHS,
> and my imprecise impression of what is typical.

7 works for me; there's not much there except a few kernel device
driver manpages on my box.

> Is there any concern about using "l" (ell) for the section
> discriminator?
> So, I'll count you as not objecting to sections "1l" (one-ell) and
> "7l" (seven-ell), ok?

How about "s" for "SQL"?  ell is too easily mistaken for one; we'd
have to put "no, it's not section eleven" in the FAQ ...

> btw, on my Solaris boxes MANPATH is worse than useless; if you specify
> it then none of the other paths mentioned in /etc/man.config (or
> wherever that is on Solaris) get used. So you have to recreate all of
> the default MANPATH settings in your environment variable. Of course,
> now that I've whined about this perhaps someone knows a way around
> this?

Er, why not "MANPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/man:$MANPATH" ?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages