Re: Thinking About Correlated Columns (again)

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Thinking About Correlated Columns (again)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 05/15/2013 10:52 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I think it would be pretty straightforward to use such a statistic,
> once we have it. So perhaps we should get started by allowing the DBA
> to set a correlation metric manually, and use that in the planner.

The planner already kinda does this with functional indexes. It would
definitely be nice to override the stats with known correlations when
possible.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870

Сообщение: Re: Thinking About Correlated Columns (again)
Сообщение: Re: Thinking About Correlated Columns (again)