DSL Platform: open beta on top of Postgres

От Rikard Pavelic
Тема DSL Platform: open beta on top of Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
We are proud to announce an open beta of our DSL Platform.
It's an Invasive Software Composition platform based on Domain-Driven Design.
Since our technical requirements were quite high, Postgres was the only
open source database that satisfied our needs.

What is it?
You write you application model in DSL, which is an ubiquitous language used for
communication and as a functional system specification.
DSL Platform compiles this formal description and generates various parts
of the system, like client libraries in various languages (PHP, C#, Java, etc...)
and maintains Postgres backend by automatically migrating database schema,
recreating views, functions, types and other objects.

Why PostgreSQL?
We are using DDD for domain modeling, which means that we have to support
very complicated constructs, such as nested collections inside a nested collection.
Postgres advanced type support made this possible.
Transactional DDL made automatic migrations a viable option.
Advanced Postgres features, such as predicate indexes, casts and various others
allowed for very complicated and performant applications.

We are running a dozen of applications on Postgres this way and have now opened
public beta for other users.
If you are interested in checking it out, you can apply for beta at https://dsl-platform.com/

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Regards,
Rikard

--
Rikard Pavelic
https://dsl-platform.com/

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: