Re: Patch: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthew Draper <matthew@trebex.net> writes:
> [ sql-named-param-refs-v2.patch ]

Applied with some editorialization: I switched the behavior for two-part
names as discussed, and did some other mostly-cosmetic code cleanup,
and did some work on the documentation.

> I'm still not sure whether to just revise (almost) all the SQL function
> examples to use parameter names, and declare them the "right" choice; as
> it's currently written, named parameters still seem rather second-class.

They're less second-class in the docs as committed, but I left a lot of
examples still using $n for parameters.  I'm not sure how far to go in
that direction.  We should not be too eager to scrub the docs of $n,
because if nothing else people will need to understand the notation when
they see it for a long time to come.  But feel free to submit a
follow-up docs patch if you feel more is warranted.