Re: [HACKERS] Documentation epub format

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Documentation epub format
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 05/02/2013 01:56 AM, Andrew Satori wrote:
> I would second Tom on this, and if ePub is really a longer term goal of the documentation, the various eBook formats
havediffering levels of support for hyperlinking that would merit retaining everything in a single book that can be
linkedfrom direct references.
I also think we'd be trying to solve an issue that'll solve it self as
ereaders get smarter and faster anyway. eReader performance is growing
much, much faster than the Pg docs. A split of the existing docs along
chapter lines might be worth it for such devices if it's quick and easy,
but otherwise I don't really see the appeal.

I'm a fan of a single big file as well. It improves discoverability of
information because you don't have to find the *correct* manual to read
first, searching is more effective, etc.

As for search: the main thing that needs is a better ebook standard with
pre-built machine-readable keyword indexes, IMO.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: RETURN QUERY documentation
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Documentation epub format