Re: Proposal to add --single-row to psql

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Proposal to add --single-row to psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/28/13 7:50 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I find it frustrating that I've never seen an @paraccel email address here and that few of the other vendors of
highlycustomised Pg offshoots are contributing back. It's almost enough to make me like the GPL.

FWIW, I think there's a pretty large barrier to these folks contributing back. Would the community really want to add a
bunchof hooks to support something like Redshift? Or Greenplum? Or etc, etc.? Most of these guys have to change
significantamounts of PG code, so much so that it's actually hard for them to stay current (which is why most of them
justfork).

I do think this is a shame, but I'm not sure of any good way to fix it.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: Remaining beta blockers
От: Joel Jacobson
Сообщение: The missing pg_get_*def functions