Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

So here's my draft list of "Major Enhancements" for the relase notes:

* Writeable Foreign Tables
* pgsql_fdw driver for federation of PostgreSQL databases
* Automatically updatable VIEWs
* MATERIALIZED VIEW declaration
* LATERAL JOINs
* Additional JSON constructor and extractor functions
* Indexed regular expression search
* Disk page checksums to detect filesystem failures
* Streaming-only remastering of replicas
* Performance and locking improvements for Foreign Key locks
* Parallel pg_dump for faster backups
* Directories for configuration files
* pg_isready database connection checker
* COPY FREEZE for reduced IO bulk loading
* User-defined background workers for automating database tasks
* Recursive view declaration

I note that the first one I'm leading off with actually isn't included
in your release notes.  So please add it:

Allow foreign data wrappers to accept writesForeign data sources can now be written to,as well as read, provided that
theFDW driversupports it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.