Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4/25/13 12:09 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think we need it fixed to reject any stats_temp_directory that is not
>> postgres-owned with restrictive permissions.  The problem here is not
>> with what it deletes, it's with the insanely insecure configuration.
> Yeah, the requirements should be similar to what initdb requires for
> PGDATA and pg_xlog.

Right.

I do think that best practice suggests using a dedicated ram drive
rather than /dev/shm. Here's an fstab entry I have used at one client's
site:
   tmpfs /var/lib/pgsql/stats_tmp tmpfs   size=5G,uid=postgres,gid=postgres 0 0

I guess if we put in the sort of restrictions being suggested above I'd
add a mode argument to the mount options.

(This drive might seem large, but total RAM on this machine is 512Gb.)

cheers

andrew