Re: BUG #8114: Peer authentication in cgi-perl

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #8114: Peer authentication in cgi-perl
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 4/24/2013 3:21 PM, support@securenetterm.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      8114
> Logged by:          Kenneth Robinette
> Email address:support@securenetterm.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 12.04.2
>
> I am having the same problem described in:
>       5.1.0.14.2.20020213180151.04bd2250@pop.ntlworld.com
>
> The cgi-script I am using works on a CentOS 6.4 system using PostgreSQL
> version 8.4 and several older centos/redhat systems.  The pg_hba.conf and
> postgresql.conf are setup the same on all systems.
>
> When trying to connect On the Ubuntu 12.04.2 system, the database connect is
> aborted.  The following messages are in the postgresql-9.1-main.log.  The
> real username has been replaced by xxxxxxxx:
>
> 2013-04-24 16:23:18 CDT LOG:  provided user name (xxxxxxxx) and
> authenticated user name (www-data) do not match
> 2013-04-24 16:23:18 CDT FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user
> "xxxxxxxx"

this isn't a bug, you can't use 'peer' (formerly known as ident
sameuser) authentication to connect as a different role than your system
username, unless you create an 'indent map'.

you perhaps moved your 'same postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf' files to
the wrong place on ubuntu?    debian/ubuntu put the config files under
/etc/postgresql/.....

also, there have been changes in the various config files between 8.4
and 9.1 such that copying the file from the older system might not run
optimally on the newer.