Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Дата
9.3 Beta1 status report  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Allow tooling like pg_receivexlog to run on computers with different architectures (Heikki Linnakangas)

This probably should be mentioned in the backwards-compatibility
section. Any 3rd party tools that speak the streaming replication
protocol are affected.

> E.1.3.2.1. Write-Ahead Log (WAL)
>
>     Store WAL in a continuous stream, rather than skipping the last 16MB segment every 4GB (Heikki Linnakangas)
BACKWARDCOMPATIBLE BREAK

>     Restructure WAL files to better handle timeline changes during recovery (Heikki Linnakangas)
>
>     Restructure WAL files to use a more compact storage format (Heikki Linnakangas)

Can you clarify which commits these came from? The first one is clear
(dfda6eba), and I think the 3rd covers commits 20ba5ca6 and 061e7efb1.
But what is that second entry?

- Heikki