Re: Performance with the new security release

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Performance with the new security release
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 22.04.2013 19:48, Anne Rosset wrote:
> Hi,
> We are seeing some overall performance degradation in our application since we installed the security release. Other
commitswere also done at the same time in the application so we don't know yet if the degradation has any relationship
withthe security release.
> While we are digging into this, I would like to know if it is possible that the release has some impact on
performance.After reading this "It was created as a side effect of a refactoring effort to make establishing new
connectionsto a PostgreSQL server faster, and the associated code more maintainable.", I am thinking it is quite
possible.

I doubt that particular commit, the one that fixed the security issue,
could cause any meaningful slowdown. But it's not impossible that some
other fix included in the release would cause a regression, although we
try to be careful to avoid that. If you narrow the culprit down to the
new PostgreSQL version, we're going to need more details to find the
root cause.

- Heikki

От: Anne Rosset
Сообщение: Performance with the new security release
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Issues with OSX and SHMMAX?