Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 21.4.2013 15:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
>> I do have a log with the memory context info printed after the OOM
>> killed the session - see it attached.
>
> The only thing that seems rather bloated is the CacheMemoryContext,
> which seems to be because the backend has cached info about several
> thousand tables and indexes.  Given that you say there's 9500 relations
> in their schema, it's hard to believe that 9.2.4 is suddenly doing that
> where 9.2.3 didn't.  I'm wondering if they've done something else that
> restricted the amount of memory available to a backend.

My thoughts, exactly. I can't really compare the CacheMemoryContext to
the 9.1.3, as I have no data from that version. So maybe it really did
not change, but something else obviously did.

I'm not aware of any other changes, but I'll verify that.

Tomas

Сообщение: Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Сообщение: Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4