Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Matt Magoffin
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
> [root@170226-db7 ~]# su -l postgres -c "ulimit -a"
> core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
> data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> max nice                        (-e) 0
> file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
> pending signals                 (-i) 139264
> max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
> max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> open files                      (-n) 1024
> pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
> POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
> max rt priority                 (-r) 0
> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
> cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
> max user processes              (-u) 139264
> virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
> file locks                      (-x) unlimited

I just noticed something: the "open files" limit lists 1024, which is the
default for this system. A quick count of open data files currently in use
by Postgres returns almost 7000, though.

[root@170226-db7 ~]# lsof -u postgres |egrep
'(/pg_data|/pg_index|/pg_log)' |wc -l
6749

We have 100+ postgres processes running, so for an individual process,
could the 1024 file limit be doing anything to this query? Or would I see
an explicit error message regarding this condition?

Regards,
Matt

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5