Re: A couple serious errors

От Mike Richards
Тема Re: A couple serious errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:17:21 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Mike Richards <mrmikerich@gmail.com> writes:
> > Over the past couple days I started seeing errors like this in my server logs:
> > WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
>
> This is a consequence of an earlier failure --- tell us about what
> happened just before that.

Ok, it just happened again, and this is what showed up in the log just before:

PANIC:  XX000: stuck spinlock (0x4035a0a0) detected at lwlock.c:242
LOCATION:  s_lock_stuck, s_lock.c:36
LOG:  00000: server process (PID 13804) was terminated by signal 6
LOCATION:  LogChildExit, postmaster.c:2087
LOG:  00000: terminating any other active server processes
LOCATION:  CleanupProc, postmaster.c:2008

Earlier in the night, however, it also crashed and this is what preceded it:

LOG:  00000: server process (PID 20195) was terminated by signal 11
LOCATION:  LogChildExit, postmaster.c:2087
LOG:  00000: terminating any other active server processes
LOCATION:  CleanupProc, postmaster.c:2008

I don't know if it's relevant, but Postgres does bring itself back up
after the crash:

LOG:  00000: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOCATION:  reaper, postmaster.c:1920
LOG:  00000: database system was interrupted at 2004-11-18 15:06:58 GMT

It'll probably crash again in 3-4 hours; if I get any more info I'll pass it on.

> > Then tonight I started getting one like this:
> > FATAL:  semctl(0, 0, SETVAL, 0) failed: Identifier removed
>
> I'm thinking that you've got hardware problems (bad RAM).  There isn't
> any way that Postgres would delete its semaphores during normal
> operation.

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 0 in catalog...
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 0 in catalog...