Re: event trigger API documentation?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: event trigger API documentation?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/16/13 7:49 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> I'm having trouble finding documentation about how to write event
>> triggers.  The chapter in the documentation
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/event-triggers.html
>>
>> says they can be written in C or supported PLs, but does not explain it
>> any further.  Is there any documentation for it?
>
> That chapter has two subsections that may be useful, and there's a bit
> more here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/plpgsql-trigger.html#PLPGSQL-EVENT-TRIGGER
>
> Now that you mention it, though, it looks a little sparse.

I'm specifically looking for C API documentation, along the lines of
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/trigger-interface.html.

The current chapter on event triggers might as well be ripped out and
folded into the CREATE EVENT TRIGGER reference page, because it explains
nothing about programming those triggers.