Re: Why are JSON extraction functions STABLE and not IMMUTABLE?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Why are JSON extraction functions STABLE and not IMMUTABLE?
Дата
Re: Why are JSON extraction functions STABLE and not IMMUTABLE?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/15/2013 11:46 AM, Andres Freund wrote:

>> Me either. It's an oversight, really. Unless there is any objection I'll
>> change them toot sweet. What about the existing (as of 9.2) functions?
> ISTM json_in, out, recv, send should also be immutable. array_to_json,
> row_to_json et all can't be tho.

OK, although these have been like this since 9.2. I'm not sure why
json_out is immutable but json_in isn't.

Does changing these require a catalog version bump?

cheers

andrew