Re: Inconsistent DB data in Streaming Replication

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Inconsistent DB data in Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/14/2013 05:56 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> No. When you shut down the old master, it might not have been
>>> able to send all the WAL records to the standby. I have observed
>>> this situation several times. So in your approach, new standby
>>> might fail to catch up with the master nicely.
>> It seems most of this thread is focusing on the wrong thing then. If we
>> really are only talking about planned failover then we need to solve
>> *that* not some ominous "don't flush data too early" which has
>> noticeable performance and implementation complexity problems.
> At least I'd like to talk about not only planned failover but also normal
> failover.
>
>> I guess youre observing that not everything is replicated because youre
>> doing an immediate shutdown
> No. I did fast shutdown.
>
> At fast shutdown, after walsender sends the checkpoint record and
> closes the replication connection, walreceiver can detect the close
> of connection before receiving all WAL records. This means that,
> even if walsender sends all WAL records, walreceiver cannot always
> receive all of them.
Seems very much like a bug, or at least a missing mode -
synchronous shutdown - where the master will wait for ack from standby(s)
before closing client connection.

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent DB data in Streaming Replication
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: add sha256 files to releases