Re: Proposal to Compile a 256-Byte Identifier Length Version Alongside the Current 64-Byte Version

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal to Compile a 256-Byte Identifier Length Version Alongside the Current 64-Byte Version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> On 10.10.23 08:22, Laurenz Albe wrote:
>> Apart from that, it is a good idea to use table names that are standard
>> SQL identifiers, so that you don't have to double quote them all the time.

> FWIW, the Chinese character sequences posted here would be valid
> unquoted identifiers if PostgreSQL implemented standard SQL
> correctly/completely.

I'm pretty sure they're valid unquoted identifiers today,
because by and large we'll take any non-ASCII as identifier
characters.  Conforming to the letter of the spec would
reduce, not increase, the set of strings we'll call identifiers.