Re: elephant logo in OFM format?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: elephant logo in OFM format?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>> Right, but I thought the issue was that only limited-availability
>> proprietary software could produce an OFM, and that's what we were
>> proposing to pay for?
>
> Well.. maybe but if we need OFM format it is likely the people have said
> software and can convert it on their own, when it is needed. Then we can
> get the conversion for free?

No, vendors who have the conversion software charge $100 per "design",
and as a rule don't give you the file, so if you want to switch vendors
you have to pay the fee again.  That's how the embroidery vendor pay
their software fees.

FWIW, in the USA neither LLBean nor Elegant Stitches require OFM files.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.