Re: Inserted data is disappearing

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: Inserted data is disappearing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, July 10, 2009 16:20, Bill Moran wrote:

> Also, look for a BEGIN statement that is never COMMITed.  If
> the client starts a transaction, INSERTs a bunch of stuff, then
> disconnects without issuing a COMMIT, Postgres will rollback
> the transaction, thus it will be as if the data was never
> inserted.

There is one ROLLBACK statement, but it occurs after all of the
problems have evidenced themselves and not before. I believe this to
be the Rails test harness unrolling the transaction that it wraps
all test runs in.  There is one BEGIN. This is located close to the
very top of the run log, which seems congruent with the one ROLLBACK
just before the very end.

Evidently, all this test processing takes place within a single,
never completed, transaction.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3