Re: about .pgpass

От Bastiaan Olij
Тема Re: about .pgpass
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Heya,

On 27/03/13 11:44 PM, kobolds wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have question about.pgpass . I have been playing around with postgresql
> privileges setting . I created a role user1 (not superuser) for the testing
> . today with this role I can login to the database in which I have grant
> without need enter password .

To my knowledge postgres never writes into pgpass. It is only when you
logon with pgAdmin and tick the 'remember passwords' tickbox that the
password gets written into the pgpass file. Did you try and log on with
that user at some point in time using pgAdmin?

Other then that, try adding the switch -w to the psql command:
psql -d db1 -h 192.168.56.200 -U user1 -w

The -w should force psql to not send a password even if one is included
in pgpass.

Cheers,

Bas