Re: localization problem (and solution)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: localization problem (and solution)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane said:
>> I would also like to add -Wno-comment to the CFLAGS for win32/gcc, top
>>  suppress at least some of those warnings.
>
> Why don't you complain to the Perl people, instead?  The fact that no
> such warnings occur on Unix Perl installations makes these seem pretty
> suspicious.

Well, it's probably not even the Perl people - perl's config_h.SH seems to
do the right thing and put a space between the second / and *, so that the
compiler won't complain, so it could be ActiveState's doing. Maybe I'll just
make a tiny script to fix config.h in my perl distro.

There is a more serious problem, though, in these warnings. Perl is
apparently trying to hijack the *printf functions, just as libintl tries to
do. There's a #define we can set to inhibit that, and I think we should.
That would leave 2 lots of warnings to fix - one about uid_t/gid_t and one
about isnan.

cheers

andrew