Re: pg_stat_get_last_vacuum_time(): why non-FULL?

От CR Lender
Тема Re: pg_stat_get_last_vacuum_time(): why non-FULL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2013-03-28 20:44, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> CR Lender <crlender@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The database is running on PostgreSQL 8.3.6.
>
>> I've read the manual more carefully now, and I can't see any mention of
>> what VACUUM does that VACUUM FULL does not. The point about extreme
>> maintainance is taken, but from what I read, VACUUM FULL should include
>> everything a normal VACUUM does.
>
> Prior to release 9.0 that is probably true.

Hm, I can't find it, even in the manual for 9.2.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-vacuum.html

If VACUUM FULL is just a more aggressive VACCUM (including writing new
data files), then I don't understand the "non-FULL" restriction in
pg_stat_get_last_vacuum_time()... unless that information is somehow
lost when table files are rewritten.

> 8.3 is out of support now.  Even for the 8.3 release, 8.3.6 is
> missing over four years of fixes for bugs and security
> vulnerabilities.  There is a very good chance that any problem you
> see already fixed and you are just choosing to run without the fix.

You're right of course, the PostgreSQL version on the server is rather
old. We're redesigning the whole application, and migrating to 9.2 will
be part of the process (I'm running 9.1 locally).

Thanks,
crl

Сообщение: Re: Money casting too liberal?
Сообщение: Re: Money casting too liberal?