Re: logging messages this time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: logging messages this time
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Eric S. Johansson" <esj@harvee.org> writes:
> ... I'm trying to get logging working so I can observe
> more closely what is failing and make a more appropriate diagnosis.

Turning on log_connections and log_statement certainly ought to produce
more output than you are getting.  I wonder if maybe you are editing the
wrong copy of postgresql.conf --- people have made that mistake before.
The right copy is the one in the PGDATA directory (-D postmaster argument).
Don't forget that you need to either SIGHUP or restart the postmaster to
get it to take notice of changes in postgresql.conf.