Re: how can I replace all instances of a pattern

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: how can I replace all instances of a pattern
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 03/26/2013 06:08 AM, James Sharrett wrote:
I'm trying remove all instances of non-alphanumeric or underscore characters from a query result for further use.  This is part of a function I'm writing that is in plpgsql

Examples:

  Original value
    'My text1'
    'My text 2'
    'My-text-3'
    'My_text4'
    'My!text5'

   Desired
    'Mytext1'
    'Mytext2'
    'Mytext3'
    'My_text4'  (no change)
    'Mytext5'

The field containing the text is column_name.  I tried the following:

  Select regexp_replace(column_name,'\W','') from mytable

This deals with the correct characters but only does the first instance of the character so the output is:

    'My text1'
    'Mytext 2'  (wrong)
    'Mytext-3'  (wrong)
    'My_text4'
    'My!text5'

I managed to get the desired output by writing the text into a variable through a loop and then just keep looping on the variable until all the characters are removed:

sql_qry:= 'select column_name from mytable';

for sql_record in execute sql_qry loop
curr_record := sql_record.column_name;

        while length(substring(curr_record from '\W'))>0 loop
            curr_record := regexp_replace(curr_record, '\W','');
        end loop;

…. rest of the code

This works but it seems like a lot of work to do something this simple but I cannot find any function that will replace all instances of a string AND can base it on a regular expression pattern.  Is there a better way to do this in 9.1?

You were on the right track with regexp_replace but you need to add a global flag:
regexp_replace(column_name,'\W','','g')

See examples under http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-matching.html#FUNCTIONS-POSIX-REGEXP

Cheers,
Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: how can I replace all instances of a pattern
Сообщение: Re: how can I replace all instances of a pattern