Re: Issue with ALTER Table.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Issue with ALTER Table.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 20.03.2013 17:49, BGoebel wrote:
> The Catalog Schema seems not to be actualized when using ALTER Table.
>
> I had reported a problem with adding NEW tables, which was corrected by
> Hiroshi
>
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/SQLDescribeCol-schema-cache-not-being-updated-completely-tt4372956.html
>
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Error-Retrieving-Catalog-Info-tt4598955.html
>
> When "altering" a Datatype of column the problem still exists:
> Say, we have a column which is defined as varchar(40)
> Now we want to double the field length to varchar(80)
>
>    ALTER TABLE customer
>       ALTER COLUMN address TYPE varchar(80),
>
> When we retrieving the Catalog-Info the value of field length is 40
> furthermore.
>
> After a new connect we get the correct values and only after that writing /
> reading to the altered field is working reliable.

Can you provide a self-contained test case? That seems like the exact
same thing reported by Jan-Peter Seifelt, in the first thread that you
linked to, and that one was fixed. I can't reproduce it here, either. I
tested the attached test case, but it correctly prints the new size
after ALTER.

- Heikki

Вложения