Re: State of the art re: group default privileges

От Michael Orlitzky
Тема Re: State of the art re: group default privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/21/2013 10:39 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>> This won't fly unfortunately. It's a shared host, and the "developers"
>> are a mixed bag of our employees, consultants, and the customer's employees.
>
> Do not follow. The set role= is put on a login role. It will only work
> on those databases the user role is allowed to log into.

If one of our employees creates a table for one of our other projects,
in one of our other databases, we don't want it being owned by a group
of people who don't work for us.

Or if we're working on a project for customer2, we don't want everything
to be owned by the developers group if "developers" contains customer1's
employees.

(Not to mention: how would this work if we wanted to have two separate
developers groups? I.e. if we had devs1 and devs2, with only some people
in common.)