Re: File Fragmentation

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: File Fragmentation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/20/2013 07:14 AM, Vick Khera wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM, jg <jg@rilk.com <mailto:jg@rilk.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     The rotated script, as explained, just drops tables and creates
>     empty ones.
>

> That doesn't make sense then, to have fragmentation if you are creating
> new tables with fresh data copied into them.  The files should be pretty
> much sequentially written.

I think the problem is here:

"Every minute, sequentially, a batch load 10.000 rows of 250 bytes with
a COPY.

After a day, i got a database with 50 tables with 1.440 set of 10.000 rows."

So if I am reading it right the table starts with 10,000 rows then
10,000 rows are added each minute during the day.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com