Byte code, large objects, client/server, SQL, ODBC

От Christian Bucanac
Тема Byte code, large objects, client/server, SQL, ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I am trying to find a simple and efficient way to store byte code in
postgres. The ODBC driver seems to support binary data, but not postgres.

I have looked into storing the byte code as large objects. The problem I run
into is that the functions (lo_import and lo_export) that handle large
objects are server file based. My application is running as a client towards
the postgres server over an SQL ODBC connection. To make it work properly, I
would have to store the byte code on disk and FTP it to and from the server.
It does not seem as a simple and efficient solution. Do you have any ideas
of how to solve the problem?

Thanks for your help!

/Buckis