RE: Clarification

От Roger Wernersson
Тема RE: Clarification
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You could of course try Java and JDBC as Java runs everywhere. Then you
could run your application on Mac, Windows and Linux as you see fit.

/Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Alain Toussaint [mailto:nailed@videotron.ca]
Sent: den 6 december 2000 08:10
To: KuroiNeko
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Clarification

> > that too is an  option but it would hurt me to have  to insert 20K
record
> > or
> > something like that with a web browser.
>
>  Hmmmm.... How ODBC driver  is supposed to help with that?  Upload a CSV
or
> FF file and run bulk insert with COPY.

with ODBC:

user load the database client app (spreadsheet,small database like access
or filemaker) and dump his content on the fat server.

without ODBC:

user hand off the csv file to the DBA.

> > maybe because it is/was a deal between Apple and HK to bundle some nice
> > sounding speakers with their computer and Apple got a Very good price
due
> > to volume.
>
>  If bundled actually means built-in, then  the only thing from H/K there
is
> the name :)

no idea at the moment,i don't think it's built in (there's no place to put
the speakers in the IMac) but i'll confirm that tomorrow.

Alain