Re: postgres library in Python core

От Federico Di Gregorio
Тема Re: postgres library in Python core
Дата
Список psycopg
On 08/03/2013 11:50, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:42 AM,  <ryan@ryanhiebert.com> wrote:
>> > Over on the python-ideas list, GvR indicated interest in someone looking into including a postgres module (and
mysql)in the stdlib.
> Here is the laundry list to have a module added to the stdlib:
> http://docs.python.org/devguide/stdlibchanges.html
>
> I've pondered on it in the past for another project of mine
> (setproctitle) and the conclusion is that 1) it would effectively stop
> the library development and 2) I wouldn't enjoy the friendly fire. "Be
> prepared for extensive feedback and lots of discussion (not all of it
> positive)": I'm not, thank you very much.
>
> Psycopg also enjoys external dependencies (the libpq, and a postgres
> server for testing) and an opinionated license (LGPL) making it a
> non-starter if Python maintainers don't want to bloat their build
> system and their legal department.

I just wanted to add while adding a module to the core Python lib feels
good and warm I don't see any real advantage. I don't think core Python
developers will flock to help and stdlibchanges.html is scary enough.

So I am 100% with NOT including psycopg.

federico

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: