Re: postgres library in Python core

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: postgres library in Python core
Дата
Список psycopg
On 03/07/2013 07:42 PM, ryan@ryanhiebert.com wrote:
> Over on the python-ideas list, GvR indicated interest in someone looking into including a postgres module (and mysql)
inthe stdlib.

> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2013-March/019874.html
>
> Quoting from there:
>
>> The number one question to ask about candidates for standard library
>> inclusion is "Does it make sense for this module to receive new
>> features only once every 18-24 months, and only when you upgrade to a
>> new version of Python?". Interfaces to specific external services
>> (including databases) almost never pass that test.
>
> Also mentioned there was that inclusion would need a commitment for maintenance and backward compatibility.
>
> Do you think psycopg can fit that bill? Is there interest in pursuing it?

Given that there is a major release of Postgres about once a year I am
not sure how the new features only 18-24 months would pan out?  As much
as I would like to see psycopg2/Postgres be one of the batteries
included, I am not sure that is possible. I see a lot of explaining to
people why the built in driver does not work with new features.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: