Re: table dump function

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: table dump function
Дата
Re: table dump function
Список pgsql-general
On 03/07/2013 08:42 AM, Little, Douglas wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Adrian,
>
> Unfortunately,  my process is executing from psql,  so to start pg_dump from within psql is a bit challenging.
> We have 1 instance where we start an OS process from a function, but it's new territory for us.

Yeah, my suggestion was offered in the spirit of not reinventing the
wheel:) When you say you are running from inside psql, do you mean
interactively or from script? As Rob mentioned from psql you can get to
the shell by doing \!.

> My function is dumping everything but the ACL grant list.   I currently have a function that will  build and execute
thegrants from the acl list,
> so it's just a simple exercise to get it to dump the statements.
>
> I was just  hoping that there were standard functions for doing this.

Not that I know of. If you feel adventurous you could look at
dumpTableSchema in pg_dump.c in the source to see how pg_dump does it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com