Re: pgbench bug / limitation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgbench bug / limitation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> ... I can't glean too much from the
> socket() documentation for either OS about what the return value is.
> I didn't see anything which indicated anything about how the return
> value is determined.

BTW, as far as that goes, POSIX is perfectly clear about this:

  2.14. File Descriptor Allocation

    All functions that open one or more file descriptors shall, unless
    specified otherwise, atomically allocate the lowest numbered available
    (that is, not already open in the calling process) file descriptor at
    the time of each allocation.

It doesn't surprise me a lot to hear that Microsoft couldn't be
bothered to adhere to the spec, though.