Re: Migrate to Postgres - Alias a Keyword?

От Torsten Zuehlsdorff
Тема Re: Migrate to Postgres - Alias a Keyword?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

> We are migrating from Firebird to Postgres. We try to minimise changes
> required to the application code which has lots of SQLs in it. One of
> the incompatibilities between these two is the way to limit the number
> of rows returned by a SELECT query.
>
> In Postgres, /SELECT * FROM TestTable LIMIT 10/
> In Firebird, /SELECT * FROM TestTable ROWS 10/
>
> What I'm trying to do here is to get Postgres to accept ROWS as if it's
> LIMIT. Looks like this is possible by adding an alias
> in /src/include/parser/kwlist.h, although ROWS is already defined in it
> for other purpose.
>
> Does anyone has a suggestion on this? Can I achieve this without
> recompiling our own copy of Postgres?

i would hack the application, if there is database-layer in. For
problems like this i created the DDDBL (PHP, documentation in german,
sorry). It is a layer between application and database with full
controll over the queries and their result.

This is exactly the point to manipulate the SQL. There are many pitfalls
- like LIMIT as part of a relation, constant, etc - but it will work.

Greetings from Germany,
Torsten

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: