Re: BUG #7913: TO_CHAR Function & Turkish collate

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: BUG #7913: TO_CHAR Function & Turkish collate
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 03-03-2013 12:42, Tom Lane wrote:
> Anybody have an opinion on whether to back-patch such a fix?  It seems
> conceivable that somebody out there is relying on the current behavior.
> OTOH, I believe that only Turkish UTF8 locales exhibit this behavior
> (the single-byte-encoding code path in str_toupper acts differently for
> historical reasons).  So it's pretty inconsistent as it stands.

Nope. I'm not aware of the Turkish weird rules. Mea culpa. :(

As you suggested, s/str_toupper/pg_toupper/ in the else block (no TM) is the
right fix. I'm not aware of another locale that would break if we apply such a
change in a stable branch. Are you want me to post a fix?

--
   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: gloria.evelis@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #7915: problema con postgis 2.0
От: renjith.pt@galfar.com
Сообщение: BUG #7917: Error while migrating data