Re: The case for version number inflation

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: The case for version number inflation
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 02/27/2013 02:55 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Further, many projects which used to use "regular" version numbers --
> such as Firefox -- have now embraced inflationary version numbers.  So,
> maybe it's time to just use the first digit.  The next version would be
> 10.0, and the version in 2014 would be 11.0.
>
> As a counterargument, few other open source databases use inflationary
> version numbers, even the NoSQL ones.

Why not....

13

Where it is the 2013 release.... We might end up jumping releases (maybe
there isn't a 14 release) but then it keeps it simple.

JD

> Discuss.

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

Сообщение: Re: The case for version number inflation
Сообщение: Re: The case for version number inflation