Re: Not sure how to restore using pgadmin 1.16.1?

От Bastiaan Olij
Тема Re: Not sure how to restore using pgadmin 1.16.1?
Дата
Re: Not sure how to restore using pgadmin 1.16.1?  (novnovice <novnovice@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
On 28/02/13 9:00 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 09:36 -0800, novnovice wrote:
>> I have created some *.backup files using pgadmin 1.14 for pg 9.1 databases.
>> When I select the file in the pgadmin 1.16.1 for pg 9.2, the Restore button
>> never becomes enabled. Can anyone explain how to reform this task?
>>
> Did you do a plain backup? if so, you cannot restore it with the restore
> tool of pgAdmin. You need to use psql.

One of the things I noticed in the latest versions of pgAdmin is that
when you do a backup it is no longer selecting a format by default. You
have to specifically select custom or tar to be able to restore. An easy
user error to forget to select the format and create a backup you can't
restore with pg_restore...

--
Kindest Regards,

Bastiaan Olij
e-mail: bastiaan@basenlily.me
web: http://www.basenlily.me
Skype: Mux213
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bastiaanolij

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Not sure how to restore using pgadmin 1.16.1?
От: Alex Proshutinsky
Сообщение: pgadmin3 1.6.1, role editing bug