Re: BUG #7903: EAN13s are shown ISBN values

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BUG #7903: EAN13s are shown ISBN values
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/23/13 2:10 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> But then, contrib/isn also sanitises both ISBN
> ranges and EAN country codes using its own internal database, which
> ought to be kept in lockstep with an external database whose
> maintenance is highly decentralised - regional authorities make
> certain decisions that can create a need to update the database. I'm
> pretty sure that that database doesn't actually exist, at least all in
> one place, in the case of ISBN. So contrib/isn is fundamentally
> wrong-headed, and I would be quite happy to see its removal from
> contrib.

What's the alternative?

Have each user create their custom domain?

Is there a stable subset that we could maintain with minimal effort?

Would it be better if the module were removed from PostgreSQL core but
maintained externally where it can iterate faster and keep the database
up to date?

Is there a third-party library that does maintain such a database so
that this module could be based upon that instead of having to maintain
the database itself?

Сообщение: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.