Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Дата
Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04  (Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-performance
> Sounds to me like your IO system is stalling on fsyncs or something
> like that.  On machines with plenty of IO cranking up completion
> target usuall smooths things out.

It certainly seems like it does.  However, I can't demonstrate the issue
using any simpler tool than pgbench ... even running four test_fsyncs in
parallel didn't show any issues, nor do standard FS testing tools.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.