Re: Posting to pgsql-hackers

От Daniel Wood
Тема Re: Posting to pgsql-hackers
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I believe my question, posted to pgsql-novice just after this post, is
an actual bug/feature request.  However, there is a rule "You must try
elsewhere first!".

I suspect the reason for the pgsql-hackers RULE is so that newbies, who
may not research if a question has been asked before, don't waste the
time of developers.  The same thing applies to reporting bugs already
reported.  You should do your homework.

I suspect the real rule is that:
     Before posting to pgsql-hacker you either need to ask elsewhere
first or you better research the issue first to see if the problem has
already been answered or the bug already been reported.  It you make too
many mistakes it will be frowned upon. As it should be.

I just wanted to see if "common sense" was the real rule.  I've just
joined the PG community 3 hours ago and want to get off on the right
foot.  However, I've been deep in DB internals for 18+ years so only
some of my questions will be off target.

Thanks, I'll probably do what is probably right and adjust as I get
slapped around.  :-)